BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm back at it!

Sorry for being MIA for the last week or so. Apparently I DID overdo it and I was unable to go back to boot camp Thursday and Friday (2 weeks ago). Then last week, we went on a "last hurrah" before school starts back. We spent the week on Lake Erie with our family BFFs. We brought our weights and our plans for exercise...but they didn't do any good. We had a good, relaxing time though.

Yesterday was interesting. I don't want to forget some details so I'm adding them here.

I was so tired when we got home on Sunday. I took 2 naps and I was still tired! Before going to bed that night, my son asked me if I was going to boot camp the next morning. I told him I wasn't sure, and he lovingly told me, "Mom, you need to go! You've missed a week and you need to get back into it. Why don't you go to bed early and get up and go?" (Little snot!)
Anyway...that night, I DID go to bed early, but I didn't set my alarm. I thought I'd just see how I felt when my husband got up for work. If I felt okay, I'd go ahead and get up.

When my husband left for work, it was about 5:30am, and I hardly remember it. But as I lay there in bed, something very strange happened. I went back to sleep. The next thing I know, I hear my mother calling me like she always did...first and middle name! And I answered!!! "Ma'am?" I mumbled into my pillow. That's actually the moment I realized I had heard her call me! Then I heard, "Get out of bed!" I opened my eyes and looked at the clock. It read "7:05"...the time my alarm clock WOULD have gone off, IF I would have set it.

I can only think it was an incredible dream. But it was nice. My mom is trying to help me avoid dying an early age like she did.

So anyway...I was back at it. And I thought I'd surely die!!

After a week of total debauchery with food and drink and no exercise, my body was ready to KILL me. It was rough. I'm sure it was the food and drink of the previous week...very few healthy things and nowhere NEAR the amount of water I should have been drinking. I didn't have my usual banana for breakfast either, and apparently a tablespoon of peanut butter and a handful of grape tomatoes isn't enough!!

I slept in this morning, but I'll have my class tonight with the bunny so I won't be missing a workout today.

Yesterday, Mr. Candy talked about what we're going to do after school is back in session. We'll have our workouts in the morning BEFORE school.....BEFORE the chickens are up even!! We'll meet around 5:15AM for exercise to get our day going...woohoo! (And that is said totally tongue-in-cheek!) I'm planning to do it though. I've gotta keep it up.

I've gotta believe this is working. I'm believing this is making me healthier.

2 comments:

Cyn M said...

Sorry you over-did it! BUT - I am so PROUD that you did it!!! Amazing! I hope that you had a great birthday on Sunday! I didn't call you because I wasn't sure when you were getting home from your trip! :)

Love ya!

Cyn

Kel said...

Congrats on getting back to booty camp! I'm right there suffering along with you - even if I am in a different time zone!

Kel